WiFi speakers come with similar benefits to Bluetooth speakers, specifically that you can connect your phone to it and enjoy music wirelessly. The big advantage with WiFi speakers is it does not takeover the phone audio channel, which means you can take a phone call and not have your music stop.
The other advantage to WiFi speakers is the capability to have multiple speakers in multiple rooms playing the same music.
Sonos is best known for delivering the WiFi multi-room music experience. There are other alternatives as well manufactured by Bose, Samsung and Denon. The problem with these big brands is that they are expensive. To truly experience multi-room audio, you will need to buy multiple speakers and that will end up costing you a pretty penny with these brands.
We’ve compiled a list of some affordable options that won’t break the bank. In due time you can enjoy your music in every room you go to!
JAM Rhythm WiFi Home Audio Speaker $48.99USD
This compact shelf speaker was designed to compete with the Sonos Play:1. It doesn’t quite have the style and sound quality as the Sonos counterpart, but it does have Alexa Personal Assistant built in and it is a fraction of the price.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa Control. Use the JAM App to ask Alexa a question
- Room filling sound, 2.1 stereo sound, perfect for mid-sized rooms and syncs with multiple speakers
- Control all of your JAM Wi-Fi speakers from your phone using the free JAM Wi-Fi App. The App works with Spotify, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Tidal and more
- Stream your favorite music or use the built in Intercom: Use the JAM App to talk through your speakers; One Touch Music: Access all your presets with the touch of a button.Quick and easy set up: No complex wiring or expensive installation. Pair up to 8 JAM Wi-Fi Speakers for an instant home audio solution
- Product dimension:8.35” x 6.30” x 7.50″
Related Story: Best portable speakers for the Summer of 2017
COWIN DiDa with Amazon Alexa Bluetooth Speakers, Smart Wireless Wifi $99.99USD
This speaker brings the best of best worlds as it has both WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. To top it off, it also has Alexa Personal Assistant built in.
- Alexa Voice Control: COWIN DiDa works as a Amazon certified Alexa voice-enabled speaker you control with your voice. DiDa connects to the Alexa Voice Service, just touch the microphone button and ask for music, hear news, search for information, order a pizza, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
- Superior Sound Quality: With its dual 7.5-watt acoustic drivers and frequency response of 50Hz-20KHz, COWIN DiDa can stream loud and crystal clear stereo sound. Room filling powerful sound, perfect for home, dorm room, kitchen, car, parties; streaming music or internet radio services such as Airplay, DLNA, Qplay, Spotify.
FABRIQ Portable WiFi and Bluetooth Speaker $49.99USD
FABRIQ is an interactive voice and touch controlled multiroom speaker that uses Amazon Alexa Voice Service to play music, control smart home devices, set alarms and much more.
One great feature with this portable speaker is that since it is WiFi enabled, you can setup up-to 10 of these little guys around the house to have a multi-room music experience.
- Small speaker, big sound. The 2” precision active driver along with 5W of power provide crisp sound at any volume.
- Bluetooth capability allows you to bring your portable FABRIQ speaker anywhere you go.
Google Chromecast Audio $35USD
Do you already have a bunch of functional speakers at home? Turn them into WiFi enabled speakers by connecting Google Chromecast Audio to the auxiliary port.
Even if you don’t own speakers, you can spend up to $65 dollars on a reliable portable speaker and attach the Goole Chromecast Audio to it which will still keep you under the $100.
Buy it Here: Google Chromecast Audio
Related Story: 4 reasons why you should invest in Smart Home products
Grace Digital CastDock X2 – Chromecast Audio speaker dock $89.99USD
Do you want to build on your existing Google Chromecast Audio speakers but you don’t want the dongle hanging from your speaker? Then the Grace Digital CastDock X2 is for you. The Chromecast Audio dongle is tucked away nicely under the speaker, out of sight.
- Integrated digital fiber optical connection to suppose 24-bit, 192-khz lossless sound with Chromecast Audio
- Powers on automatically when you start streaming music from your smartphone and powers down when you are done
- Group for multi-room or stereo sound