Amazon just discounted the Arlo Security System – 5 Wire-Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3530) by $200!
The Arlo security system by Netgear is considered to be one of the better camera security systems. It does not require any cables and thanks to its ability to only record when it detects motion, the batteries on the cameras will last up to three months before needing a charge. The only downside to the Arlo security system was the price – until now.
Related Story: How to make your home safer with smarthome products
- Works with Amazon Echo – White/(Fire TV coming soon!) – View your live video with a simple voice command.
- See in stunning clarity and sharper details with HD cameras and watch live streamed or recorded videos from your computer, smartphone or tablet using Arlo’s free App
- Patented 100% wire-free design and magnetic mounts let you discreetly place cameras where you want and monitor your home from every possible angle
- Night vision cameras with HD clarity even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and customizable activity alerts provide real-time email or app notifications while home or away
- Indoor/Outdoor weatherproof cameras install easily for DIY security so you can even monitor the exterior of your home
If you want a more affordable option in a security camera, the D-Link Wi-Fi Camera with Remote Viewing (DCS-930L) is one of the most affordable web cams you can buy at $40. Even at that price, it offers both motion and sound detection, and it will send emails to your phone if it detects someone in your home while you’re away. And by combining those emails with IFTTT, you can create an applet that will get your attention (via text message or call) and set off an alarm in your home.
Related Story: Best Wi-fi multi room speakers under $100